Saturday, November 26, 2011

I'm in Peru!! Oct 14th

Hola Familia!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to call you yesterday after I arrived to the Peru airport, I tried to call but my phone card wasn't working on the phones there. But everything is good here at the CCM in Lima! The weather here is a lot like Kauai it reminds me of it so much. It's really moderate, just like that spring weather we read about. We got to the Lima airport last night around 10:30, 11:30 Utah time. We were expecting someone to pick us up from the airport when we arrived, but there wasn't anyone there haha. So we were at the Lima airport after our plane landed for about 2 1/2 hours, it was pretty interesting. Luckily we met some members in our connecting flight in Atlanta that were headed to Peru and they helped us out. The guys that drove us to the CCM were nice, and we packed all of our stuff in a van and me and 2 elders rode while the other 4 hermanas rode in a different car. It was so cool to drive around Lima, and it also made me realize how much we take for granted in America. There's definitely a lot of poverty here. It's such a cool place though! We were able to finally get to the CCM around 2 am.

It was really cool so on the plane from Atlanta to Peru I sat next to this Peruvian lady. She spoke very little english and between my bad spanish and her english we started talking and I asked her where she was from and such. She was born in Lima and was coming from New York. Her name is Alicia. After we had started to get to know each other she asked me why I was headed down to Peru and I explained to her why. I started teaching the first lesson to her, about The Apostasy and Restoration. I told her how El Libro de Mormon is another testiment of Jesus Christ and the people of the Americas. She told me she was Catholic and so was all of her family. Anyways after I covered all the first lesson and explained to her about the restoration I told her how she could read The Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true, and that José Smith was a prophet that translated The Book of Mormon {Moroni 10:3-5}. I promised her she would recieve an answer to her prayer. I wrote my testimony down in a spanish Book of Mormon and gave it to her. It was so cool! I was really excited about it, and I think she was interested. She seemed really interested in Christ and how he suffered for our sins, and I showed her 3 Nephi 11, when Christ appears to the Nephites and she read that chapter on the plane. It was so awesome to be able to teach a real person instead of a fake investigator. It was pretty sweet!

So we got into our room around 2 am and went to bed and were woken up at 6:30 it was crummy. But we were able to go back to bed for a little longer. We went to Breakfast 30 minutes later and came back to our room after to unpack. We napped a little bit more and I still feel tired haha. But then we met with the ZL's in our district and they gave a quick orientation and we went to gym after that. Gym was awesome we played soccer with our zone and all the latino Elder's here it was sweet, the soccer field here is legit. The peruvian people our so cool and super nice to everyone. It's definitely more immersion with Spanish in comparison with the Provo MTC, it's spoken everywhere. Oh and there's some ping pong tables here so that's pretty cool so I can practice up for when I come home! I am loving it so far though, I feel a little tired and out of it but it's so sweet.

How's everything going with you guys?? I'm running out of time and I want to attach some pictures really quickly! Love you guys!! Thanks so much, it was the best to be able to talk yesterday! Love you, nos vemos!

-Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment