Monday, June 17, 2013

Transfered... 5/6/13


Hey family! Liked the pictures you sent of you guys up in the mountains, it looks so pretty there. I can finally see a little bit of the mountains here in Chiclayo from my area, it`s about 30 minutes from Chiclayo. I`m in a small area called Tarapacá in a city named Ferreñafe. Up until now I`m really enjoying the area and especially the members, everyone is super nice and welcoming to the missionaries. That`s what really makes an area for a missionary when the members are willing to help and they`re nice to the elders. It`s a little different because i`m outside of Chiclayo after being there for a little more than a year but I`m liking it a lot. The downside is that in my area it`s pretty dusty there isn`t a lot of paved roads but all the people that we`ve been contacting and teaching are really humble and receptive of our message which has been nice. My companion is a from the department Loreto from a city named Nauta, his name is Elder Cometivos. He`s cool and likes to work a lot we get along well and we`re teaching a lot of awesome people in our area. He`s a new convert to the church, he got baptized in December of 2011 when I was in the mission it`s super cool because I don`t know if I could ever have done that. He`s been a member for about 15 months, it makes me wanna be a better missionary when I heard how he got baptized and that now he`s in the mission. He`s actually supposed to be in Mexico in the mission Mexico Marida I think that`s the name of the mission, I think Carson Herbert is there if I`m not mistaken. He`s waiting for his visa so any day now he could get transfered.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!! :D It`s a bumer to not be able to do anything other than send a message saying happy birthday, but I hope you guys had a happy birthday. I`m pretty blessed to have a mom and brother like you guys and I hope you were able to eat some cake for me haha. Evan is 8 years old now right? When is he gonna get baptized?? I`m excited to get to be able to talk to the family on Mother`s day, we talked to a member in our ward that has a video camera and she said we could use her computer on mother`s day to talk to our families. I`ll most likely be calling on Saturday night quick to figure our what time I should call. It i`ll be cool to get to see everyone again. 

This week has been pretty crazy I`m the district leader here in Ferreñafe and there`s 8 elders here in the city including me and my companion. We had 4 baptisms this week and that kept us busy with baptismal interviews and baptismal clothes for the people that got baptized. In our area the elders have been working with this family that is going to get married and baptized and so on Saturday Manuel and Johanna got married. They had this big party and a lot of the members showed up. They`re going to get baptized today, well only Johanna is going to get baptized because her husband Manuel has to get interviewed by our mission president before he can get baptized. I guess there was a small problem and so he has to get interviewed by our mision president. It i`ll be special to see his wife get baptized today. In our area pretty much everyone isn`t married sadly haha, and we are teaching a lot of families where we are going to have to marry them first and then they can get baptized. We`ve got a good pool of investigadors and this coming month we should have baptisms. My pension and the apartment we live in is the best part about the area i`m in now, because we live with a cool family and our apartment is really nice. Up until now Irma (the penisonista) cooks really good and is really nice to us and worries about us. It`s almost like if mom was here in Peru haha, she has a son in the mission and her husband is in Lima working. I`m enjoying everything up until now and just trying to get adjusted to a new area. 

It`s crazy that mom is going to be having her baby soon I`ll be praying for you so that everything turns out okay! I`m really excited to see pictures or see the baby when we skype with you guys :) I did get that package with the white shirts in it thanks a bunch! Thanks for everything I love you guys!!!!

-Elder Connelly

No comments:

Post a Comment